The visitor shall also give his/her consent to cookies being used.
The Swedish Post and Telecom Authority (PTS), which is the supervisory authority in this field, also recommends that the website gives the names of the different cookies, the name of the domain to which they belong, what data is stored in the cookies and for how long they are stored in the visitor’s web browser. It should also state clearly if the information comes from or will be shared with a third party.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the visitor’s computer, i.e. your computer, and is used to analyse how visitors use the website.
There are two different types of cookies: temporary cookies and cookies that are stored for a period of time.
How cookies are used at gullers-trading.com
- When you log in to the website, cookies are used to store the login information.
- When you place the product in your shopping basket, cookies are used to manage this information.
- Cookies are also used to produce visitor statistics.
These cookies are used at gullers-trading.com
- PHPSESSID – manages your session on the webpage
- woocommerce_cart_hash – manages the shopping basket
- woocommerce_items_in_cart – manages products you have placed in the shopping basket
- wp_woocommerce_session_ – manages your session in the web shop
- _ga – Google Analtycs – used to collect statistics on your visit
- _gat – Google Analtycs – used to collect statistics on your visit
- wordpress_logged_in_ – used to manage your log in
- wpml_referer_url – used for the translation
- _icl_current_language – used so the system knows which language you have chosen
Visitor statistics and third party
The visitor statistics are used to improve the website and the users’ experiences of it. At gullers-trading.com, we use the analytics tool Google Analytics for this purpose. In connection with this, we transmit information to Google that stores it on servers in the USA.
No personal information is stored in these cookies.
When we use Google Analytics, we find out for example:
- How many visitors and page visits we have to gullers-trading.se
- The average time users stay on each page
- How many pages visitors open on average on each visit
- Which web browser is most common
- Which unit is used (mobile, computer or tablet)
- How users click their way to our webpages
How to avoid cookies
If you don’t accept cookies being used, you can change the security settings in your web browser either to not accept any cookies at all or to be asked every time a website tries to place a cookie on your computer. In the web browser you can also delete previously stored cookies. See the web browser’s help pages for more information.
You can also avoid cookies by not answering forms, shopping or logging in to the website.
Bear in mind that if you don’t accept cookies, the website won’t work correctly.
More about the law and its contents
The Swedish Post and Telecom Authority provides further information about cookies on its website: Post and Telecom Authority